It’s time once again for The Future American’s FAIL OF THE WEEK! Every Saturday, I name a person or group who has spent the past seven days behaving in a particularly idiotic way. Since it’s my belief that idiocy knows no politics, nobody is safe.
This week’s fail, and another early contender for Fail of the Year – I don’t think we’ve ever had two contenders so close together – was brought to you by Forest Hills Central High School in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In a case only slightly less heinous than the Steubenville High School rape case, only because of the absence of video of the perpetrator(s) bragging about it, we have another instance of a school (students and administration) prioritizing athletic prowess over student safety. I don’t want to repeat the details myself, because they make me want to punch things, but you can read up on it here. (Also, special thanks to David Frum for putting a national spotlight on it.)
I should emphasize that this is an alleged sexual assault, although the Kent County Prosecutor’s office charged the unnamed perpetrator with two counts of criminal sexual conduct against the two victims, also unnamed. If you attend the school or know someone who does, you may know their names. Just like the victim in the Steubenville case and so many others involving the sexual assault of teenage girls, their classmates have used social media to accuse her of lying and/or being a whore, not to mention verbal and physical abuse. Why? Because they all want some worthless little prick to get a Division I recruitment.
Young women often complain that they are taught to avoid getting raped, while young men are not taught not to rape. I didn’t always take this complaint seriously, because I assumed anyone with half a brain is fully aware that rape is wrong. Apparently I was wrong. So, for anyone at Forest Hills Central who has helped make these girls’ lives miserable, here are a few things to note:
- Rape is never funny or cool.
- Anyone who commits rape is a worthless subhuman whose life should be ruined.
- Anyone who defends a rapist, or attacks/blames a rape victim, should be publicly shamed and charged with harassment if necessary.
- Any member of a school administration who helps protect a student who commits rape should be fired and publicly shamed.
- The victim’s drunkenness, wardrobe or sexual history does not matter.
- In the worldwide hierarchy of important stuff, rape > sports. Every damn time. Athletes who rape have disgraced themselves out of deserving any praise, along with the schools who shield them.
- Anyone who laughs at the above points is at the top of my punch list.
Got it, you little brats? Now go to your rooms. Better yet, go to hell.