Readers of The Future American are free to comment on anything they choose, but be advised that all comments on this site are subject to moderation and will not appear in public view right away. To keep things simple:
- DO make your comment relevant to the subject at hand.
- DO point out where you disagree with me and elaborate on why.
- DO keep your tone civil.
- DO tell me first if you intend to write about something I have written on your own blog. (Also, be advised that I might link back to such posts in the Press page.)
- DON’T say you agree or disagree with anything I’ve said and not explain your reasoning. (I might post comments like that in any case, but it’s really not a good idea, for your own sake.)
- DON’T use excessive profanity. (I like swearing as much as the next person, but I don’t like it when anyone speaks as if they’re improvising a Limp Bizkit CD.)
- DON’T make any remarks that can possibly be construed as racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in any way. You will be blocked from commenting on The Future American if you do this. (I’ve only had to do this once, to someone who directed anti-Semitic insults at me.)
- DON’T send me any links unless it relates in some way to the topic of the column, or your comment will be treated by WordPress as spam.
- DON’T use the comments page to personally attack or speak on behalf of any specific candidate or party; this is a non-partisan column.
With all that in mind . . . enjoy!